Saturday, September 3, 2016

Flowers and Ferraris

On a rare day in which I could spare a few hours, I decided to make my long-awaited return to the Ferrari Club. And since I would be getting up early, I also decided to make the most used of my time and go take some pictures of the sunflowers. When I got out there at about 0650, just before sunrise, I found them to be in the absolute perfect condition. 


The sky was beautiful as well.


I decided to shoot a brief time lapse.



While that was going on, I had time to kill, and since it was such a beautiful morning, I took a Sunflower Selfie.


Eventually, I stopped my camera from taking any more pictures, I packed it up, then I got in my car and headed for Overland Park. It was there that I found these:














On my way back home, when I got close to home, I passed the exit ramp that leads to the sunflowers, and I saw this:


I know it's hard to tell, but every lane of the off ramp was backed up from the toll booth all the way to the interstate itself. That's pretty crazy.

As I approached the road that the field itself (and also our house) is on, I could see nothing but cars.


From this exact spot, the field is still more than a half mile down the road, and there were cars the entire way. That is crazy.

When finally did get back home, I realized that I hadn't eaten anything this morning, so........


Later in the night, Sidney and I did a lot of baking. A TON of baking. Literally, we probably baked about 2,000 pounds of cookies, muffins, and brownies. On the way back in to the house, I saw this little guy out enjoying the nice night.


I then took advantage of the extreme generosity of whoever brought Subway for everyone. I complemented the sandwiches with some more bread. I also got some more watermelon in an attempt to not waste it.

But these things looked pretty good!


And they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment