Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Banana Split

Today was a brotein bar kind of day. All said and done, I would have three of them today. It's really convenient that I like them so much, because I had one for breakfast...


...one for lunch...


...and one for an afternoon snack.


These bars really are what get me through the day. Plus, 60 grams of brotein is simply irresistible!

For dinner, we had yet another frozen pizza, but I decided to spice my half up with some andouille sausage.


Unfortunately, I severely overestimated the amount of sausage I would need. In fact, I had about double what I needed, but I didn't want to just put half of it in a bag and back into the fridge. So, I dug in to the other gains that were on tap for tonight's dinner.


I carved off a slice of carbs, layered down some cheddar, and stacked a couple slices of sausage on top.


This was actually quite good, so I repeated the experience. I also had a small piece of bread with some butter, and I continued snacking on the sausage until half of it was gone. The other half went on half the pizza and in to the oven it went. 18 minutes later, this came out:


It looked glorious, but how would it taste? I grabbed three slices with sausage and one with just cheese along with two big slices of bread, both with butter of course!


I maintain that this is the best frozen pizza ever. In my opinion, it's even better than most chain delivery pizzas.

Scott and I then went to get huge at Sylas and Maddy's. Ever since last Thursday (and even before that, actually), I've wanted to try their banana split. I mention last Thursday since it was National Banana Split Day. Unfortunately, I did not get one on that day, but when Scott mentioned Sylas and Maddy's, I had to get one today. I went a little non-traditional, though, as you'll see.


Instead of the classic Strawberry, Vanilla, and Chocolate flavors of ice cream, I went with Strawberry (with big chunks of strawberry), DaBomb (sweet cream with cookie dough, chocolate cookies, and chocolate swirl), and butter pecan. It also had caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry. Needless to say, it was very good. Even though I garnered the admiration of the hundreds of people in line, I did, though, realize that I am, plain and simple, a waffle cone bro. I am happiest with a homemade Sylas and Maddy's waffle cone with two scoops of ice cream, one of them always being DaBomb. I think from now on this is what I'll get every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment