Sunday, August 28, 2016

Back to Work (Work, work, work, work)

Wait, do I still work here?? Or did I ever work here?? Not being certain of either, I showed up to work with my game face on. What's my game face, you ask? 


It didn't get much better from here, as I soon found out that I would be washing pots and pans for four and a half hours. And what happens when you wash pots and pans for four and a half hours? This:


Yes, your hands dry out from the soap and they get sliced and diced from the overly sharp edges of all the pans. 

But, like everything else, a silver lining must exist somewhere. Here's this one. 


A cookie and two waters on my 10 minute break. Ahhhh, refreshing!!!

After I had gone back to work, I spotted something...good.



So many slices of pie! I just wanted to take a whole pie and shotgun it back in Pots and Pans. This is actually a common occurrence, but it's usually with food that is slated to be thrown out. Unfortunately, this pie was about to be served, so I couldn't bring myself to take one.

After my shift, I tried one of the new items for this semester.


It was grilled chicken breast, and although it doesn't look like much, it was some of the best food I've ever eaten in this establishment. Working in pots and pans, I discovered that this chicken was marinated in some mysterious solution, likely mostly salt, but nonetheless it was really good. Just about the only things better than this have been the spicy chicken sandwiches and the chicken strips.

I then met my mom at 23rd Street Brewery, which holds a special place in my heart.


I didn't even look at the menu, because I knew what I'd be ordering. I always get the "Bill Self."


As I'm sure you gleaned from the picture, I didn't end up getting our actual basketball coach, but what I did get was a macaroni and cheese with many cheeses and giant shells topped with Buffalo chicken strips. It's always so good! This time, I also got some fries on the side, and they were really good today, too!


But here's why this place is so special to me. The Everest Challenge!

Oh yes, the Everest Challenge! Back in September of 2013, myself and two friends, Andrew and Jed, completed the challenge.


That was nearly 3 years ago. This is the board today:


We still hold our positions on the Chalkboard of Fame!


When I got home, to celebrate this nostalgia, I had two more cookies!


Here's to getting HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment