Saturday, December 3, 2016

Saltier than the Ocean

I started off the day with a visit to the Ferrari Club.






I then surprised my mom at the Santa Dash 5K that she was participating in. After that, we went to Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken.


It was pretty good. I'd probably try some of the more traditional fried chicken next time, though.

We then went and picked up some Velvet Creme popcorn. We were smart this year and got all cheese.


And then a little bit later, I accompanied Sidney and her aunt to Jo-Ann Fabric. While there, I was surprised to learn that I have a candy company named after me!


What a glorious day!


Then, as we were about to leave Jo-Ann, we were informed that we were invited to dinner at Texas Roadhouse! I was excited as it had been a very long time since I had been to a Texas Roadhouse.


We started off with some of their sweet rolls.


I had probably at least 5 more after that. I regret nothing.

For dinner, I ordered the chicken fried steak with brown gravy. I got fried and rice for my sides.


On the first bite of the chicken fried steak, I couldn't believe how good it tasted. It was so good. I couldn't believe how good it was. But as I continued eating it, I became acutely aware of how salty it was. When I was about three quarters of the way through, I was struggling. It still tasted good, but the salt was beginning to be overpowering. I finished it, though, and moved on to my fries. They were incredibly salty as well, as was the rice. I couldn't even finish the fries and rice they were so salty. I can safely say this was the saltiest food I had eaten since the Ghengis Khan debacle. That being said, the food was still good, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back again. I might order something else, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment