Sunday, December 4, 2016

Carbtoxication, Part 2

Remember last weekend's carbtoxication? Just keep that in mind...

I again struck gold when I was actually able to eat a cinnamon roll for breakfast today. 



But, just as I was finishing my sugary cinnamon roll, Scott asked once more if I wanted to go to Munchers. And...


This time I vowed to get less than last time. I kept my promise, only getting four things. This time, those items included a chocolate iced donut, a chocolate long john, a brownie, and another eclair, because eclair.

Supplemented with some nice whole milk, this was another perfect carb overload.


But this time, we wouldn't be going to Billy Vanilly. After the Chiefs game, we decided that we wanted Italian food. We settled on Genovese on Mass.

This was started with some bread.


We eventually got more bread.

Then our food came out. I ordered an Italian sausage sandwich with breakfast potatoes.


It was a good lunch item. It was not huge, but it tasted good. It really was a perfect lunch.

And when I looked over the dessert menu, I saw something that I couldn't refuse. It was crème brûlée. Apparently, I didn't read the description very thoroughly, because when it arrived at the table, it looked like this:


It was quite the presentation, for sure! And the custard was some of the best I've ever had, even as good as to rival the stuff made by Sidney and I. The caramel layer, though, wasn't my favorite. This isn't because it wasn't good, but because was soaked with alcohol. I understand that this is necessary to set it ablaze, but it just isn't my favorite taste.

Later, for a snack, I had some more mandarin orange salad. By now, it had solidified into the proper consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment