Sunday, December 11, 2016

I Graduated!

Well, today's the day! Today is the day that I (un)officially graduate from The University of Kansas. It still doesn't feel real. I'm not sure when it will, but reminders like this help:


I went downstairs and kept my hot streak alive by having another cinnamon roll for breakfast.


And then, before I knew it, I was in the Lied Center waiting to walk across the stage.


It was then my turn. The announcer read my name and my major, I walked across the stage, I shook hands with the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, I shook hands with Chancellor Gray-Little, had my portrait taken, returned to my seat to watch everyone else walk, and then I met my parents and Sidney in the hallway.


It was a pretty emotional day. The significance of it all started to sink in while listening to the Dean and Chancellor speak. I didn't want to get too carried away, though, because I did, after all, still have all of my finals to take. As such, instead of going out to a nice, fancy, formal dinner to celebrate, I decided to emulate Sidney. We went to Johnny's. I got my usual Buffalo chicken strips and ranch.


I also got some mayonnaise to go with my chicken strips and sweet potato fries.


And afterward, we had to go Sylas and Maddy's. I finally made good on my vow to get Graduation Day. I got a double and paired it with Da Bomb in a chocolate dipped waffle cone.


It felt really good to finally be able to get Graduation Day, and not just because of the significance it represents. It was also delicious!


When we got back home, Sidney and I split the Frankencookie from Friday.


Plus I kept it real by having some milk.


And now that I've graduated, it's time to study for my finals. Up first tomorrow morning: biochemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment