Friday, December 16, 2016

Final Final! (And HUGE day)

Well, this is it. This is where it ends. This is the culmination of the last 9 semesters, the last 4.5 years of my life. This is the last day of my undergraduate college career. After today, I will officially have my Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Kansas. It's been a defining time in my life. I've made some good friends, I met my future wife, I grew as a person while at KU. I acquired a depth of knowledge that I couldn't previously imagine was even possible. I went through some trying times for sure, but those times helped me figure out what exactly it takes to succeed. This experience showed me that you really can achieve what you want to achieve. And I know that this is "only" undergrad, but for me personally, it represents more than what it literally is. A lot of what I went through can be applied to anything in life. So even though my experiences have been specific, they have very general applications, at least in my own opinion. With that, I went in and took my final final examination. I went through it methodically, almost relishing the moment and knowing that it would be my last such experience, at least for quite a while. When I finished the exam, I handed it to the professor, thanked her for a great semester, and walked out of an undergraduate college classroom for the last time as a student. As I was walking down the hall, I couldn't help but raise my hands in the air as this sense of pure joy rushed over me.


I then drove to Overland Park to meet Quinn and Ray at Ruchi for a nice reunion. Quinn had just returned from Costa Rica a couple days prior.

Apologies for the Panamera Turbo S photobomb.


But then it was time for hugeness. I got 2 plates of GIANT and a cup of mango lassi to start off with.


And then it was time for dessert. I got huge, don't worry.


This was a good way to celebrate the end of my college career. And in passing, I mentioned that while I have some time off from school and work that I was thinking about taking a trip to New York sometime. Kind of surprisingly, Quinn and Ray both jumped on that bandwagon as they had been considering traveling as well. So we made plans for the three of us to take a road trip in early-mid January of next year. This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment