Sunday, November 6, 2016

Raise Up

On this Sunday, I knew I would not be eating macro-friendly, so I started off the day with a brotein bar. 


I had just been at Sprouts, where I found something that I couldn't resist.


Hot & Spicy boneless chicken bites are always tempting, and these were only $3.39. That was an offer that I simply couldn't refuse. I got them home, and they were mine!


Of course I ate them with ranch, don't worry!


I also found something else interesting.


Apparently, these little bottle-shaped gummy deals are supposed to taste like cola.


Well, do they? I would say yes! I like them, but I can also understand how they could be polarizing. I can see why the avid cola drinker wouldn't be too fond of these. But since I'm not an avid cola drinker and since I like pretty much anything with sugar, I like them.


Speaking of sugar, there were some leftover cinnamon rolls when the store closed. Conveniently, there was also some leftover icing.


Oh yes. I ate this cinnamon roll with extra icing as everyone else looked on in disbelief.

Sidney and I were then preparing to meet my mom and some friends for the KU basketball game later today. We decided to eat dinner before the game, and we took this opportunity to try a place we've been wanting to try for quite a while.


After our disappointing Slim Chickens experience, my mom and I were hoping for a better effort from Raising Cane's. I mean, this place only serves chicken strips, so you would think that they would have that figured out.


I got some chicken strips (shocker) and some fries, Texas toast, a little cup of cole slaw, and some Cane's sauce. I can say that this wasn't a disappointment. This food I could actually taste. And it tasted good! I can also say that I'm glad that there is this trend of these places making their own "special" sauces. Freddy's sauce, Chick-fil-a sauce, Cane's sauce...they're all really similar, but they're also all really good!

We then headed to Allen Fieldhouse for the game.


Sidney and I went on a mission to find Dippin' Dots. Success!


I got the cookie dough kind. Worth it!



Sidney also got some sour straws candy, the consumption of which she generously let me partake.


No comments:

Post a Comment