Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day Woes

I woke up this morning bright and early to go and cast my vote for the 2016 Presidential Election, among other elections. A drive that should only take 2 minutes ended up taking about 30 minutes. This can't be a good sign.


When I arrived at the polling location, I was disheartened by the packedness of the parking lot, then heartened by my luckiness to actually find a spot, and then disheartened once more when I first spotted the line.


The line was wrapped almost all the way around the building, and that was just the line to get inside. I knew that once I got inside there would be still more waiting to do. The picture below shows where the line ends and also where I had started.


But the fortunate thing is that the line seemed to be moving at a decent pace. All told, I waited in line for just a little over an hour. It could have been much worse, but it should have been much better. I went back to my parents' house, grabbed my stuff, then drove back to Lawrence so that I could go to class. I stopped by the house, grabbed a double chocolate banana muffin, and then headed in to school.


On my way in, as I approached my destination, I had a brotein bar to supplement my earlier muffin. I would need all the energy I could get today.


I had another brotein bar just before my last class of the day. By now, I was running on empty. I had gotten only a few hours of sleep last night, and this last class just has a tendency to drag on.


But made it through I did. I was surprised to find three cars in the parking lot all with the same last three letters on their license plates. I guess that happens in a county where a majority of the population is concentrated in one location.


I got home and I declared that it was a good night for a frozen pizza. Minimal effort but still good.


Tonight we would try one of the deep dish ones.


I just got half of the pizza and called it good.


Then, with a carb energy boost, I went to Tennis Club practice. This also served as a distraction from the election results.

Soon enough, though, practice ended and I drove home. I sat down to watch the results of the election, not really believing what I was seeing. It became clearer and clearer that this night was the night that called for the drowning of sorrows in ice cream. Luckily, we had not just any ice cream, but DaBomb!!!


I lost myself in the wonderful ymmminess.


No comments:

Post a Comment