Saturday, November 12, 2016

Donuts and Fire. Yes.

Sidney and I headed back home this morning, and on the way we stopped by a little bakery that has donuts! I got a chocolate covered one.


I also got some chocolate milk, because, yes, chocolate milk.


When we got back home, I found some crackers and pepper jack. Um, yes please!


I also felt the need to eat at least a little bit of brotein. Can you find the brotein bar??


It was then my pleasure to get rid of all the grassy fall decorations around the house. This included all the corn stalks and all the tall grasses that we had around. And what is the easiest way to get rid of a bunch of grasses that had been drying out for over a month? Let me think...

I stuffed it all into our burn barrel and then lit the bottom through a hole in the side. In almost no time, the corn stalks and grasses went from looking like this:


...to looking like this:


Heck. Yes.

With the joy of a 15-foot flame, I went inside and made a nice hearty dinner of stove top macaroni and cheese. 


It was a shout out to the fire. The flame was yellow-orange; the macaroni and cheese was yellow-orange.


Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment