Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Just a good day

Pretending last night didn't happen, I began today like any other:


I was then pleasantly surprised when I saw a classic BMW 2002 parked on Sunnyside.


These little cars are actually pretty rare, so seeing one was a little special. Plus, they look good!


I went home, and for dinner, I figured I would use the little deep fryer that my parents had just given us.

I breaded up some chicken tenders (the correct way - two coatings), and commenced frying.



The smells that emanate from the oil when breaded chicken is being fried is simply indescribable and salivation-inducing.


Unfortunately, the first batch didn't turn out too well. The breading stuck to the basket and left quite a morbid sight behind. Chicken strips lovers, look away now.



I was left with naked deep fried chicken tenders.


Eventually, though, I figured out the proper technique that prevented the sticking of the breading to the basket. And once I got rolling, I couldn't be stopped! Just look at these gorgeous crispy chicken strips!


We also had some store bought biscuits from a roll that we baked up, because it's hard to beat chicken and biscuits!


I loaded up with just that.


I can say that these were the best chicken strips I've made to date, but they could still use some more fine tuning.

For dessert, I had some leftover chocolate pie, some whipped cream, and a cup of jello.


This was just, well...here, look at this:


No comments:

Post a Comment