Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Just a Good Day

This last day of Fall Break meant that I had one more day to do as I please. I decided that I would meet Sidney for lunch. We decided that anytime we decide to eat out just the two of us we should try to eat somewhere we haven't yet been. In line with this new goal, we decided to eat at McAlister's Deli.


I got something I believe was called "The Big Nasty" which was roast beef covered in gravy  with cheddar jack cheese. I got a side of mac and cheese.


This was actually, despite its name, very good for what I was expecting. I was impressed.

On the way back to Sidney's work, I spotted a BMW i8. Not my favorite car, but its rare and exotic enough to catch my attention.


And then, only a few minutes later, I spotted an Aston Martin Rapide. And though it's a four door, it's still an Aston Martin, which means it's still a beautiful car.


I then stopped by a couple oak trees on KU's campus by the tennis courts to collect some acorns that were just beginning to fall from several big white oak trees.

This was a leaf from of the trees.


And this was a leaf from another.


The bounty:



Sidney and I then went on a walk, and we stumbled across this little bro:


I'm not sure what his deal was, but he looked to be troubled in some way.


But it was a really beautiful day for a walk in the country. It's one of the most relaxing things there is. Nothing but the peace and quiet and beautiful scenery really does wonders for stress relief.



When we got back home from our walk, we cooked up some chicken thighs...


...and three cheese macaroni.


I had a cookie and milk for dessert.


How best to sum up today? It was just a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment