Sunday, September 11, 2016

Making It

Again, being at my parents' house for breakfast has its advantages. 


Also, I tried a new kind of carbonated water.


Okay, obviously this isn't new given that they've been in business since 1785 (aka before the United States Constitution was ratified), but it was new to me. And it was good. I know that La Croix is for some reason the benchmark for carbonated water, so I'll compare this to that. It's better.

Then, my mom and I sat down to watch the Chiefs play the Chargers. It was going badly for the Chiefs, but one time when they came back from a commercial break, this was on:


Yes, CBS was showing Grinter Farms! It was pretty unbelievable to me that this whole thing has become so big that it draws the attention of completely unrelated things like football. It was very cool to see!

After the game, my mom and I decided to make some more butter chicken! This is really becoming a habit.


It looked good, and we used the same sauce that she made last time in our butter chicken cook off.


We also had some more naan.


And we had some more rice.


But the butter chicken just wasn't the same as it was in our cook off. There was something off about the sauce. I finally deduced that it was lacking richness and smoothness, resulting likely from not enough cream. We both then remembered that we had added additional cream to both of our recipes during the cook off, so maybe that was the reason.

For dessert, I had several Oreos with milk. But wait, that's not milk. Oh yes, it's heavy cream!


If you've never eaten Oreos dunked in heavy cream, what are you doing with your life?! If you've never drank a glass of heavy cream, again, what are you doing with your life?! It honestly tastes a little like melted butter. Rich, but good!

I then headed back home, and when I got close, I found this:



Grinter Farms is really making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment