Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dinner Burritos

Being a Wednesday, I naturally  and instinctively headed to Sprouts. Wednesday is a magic day at Sprouts. It's the day that all of their sales from the previous week overlap with their sales for the upcoming week. That means that there is always something good to be had for a relative bargain. Today, I decided to honor a former Royal and go with some breakfast sausage, aptly named "Country Breakfast."


I also got some lemon head-esque candies. I mean, they just look so lemony and refreshing!


For dinner, I wanted to make breakfast burritos. But the thing is, if they're for dinner, aren't they now dinner burritos? While contemplating this profound philosophical food conundrum, I went ahead and threw some chorizo in one pot and some eggs in another.


I scrambled the eggs while come cheddar cheese skulked in the background.

I also had gotten these big tortillas from Sprouts.


Their appearance reminded me of Chipotle tortillas, so they must be good, right?! I was about to find out. Here is how to build proper dinner burrito:

First, dump some chorizo on the tortilla.


Then, throw some eggs on there.


Finally, pile on plenty o' cheese!


Wrap it up and you're good to go! Now, I knew beforehand that I couldn't accurately determine the goodness of such a burrito by only eating one. I came up with the perfect remedy for this situation.


Just look at all that wonderfulness in there:


And because this wasn't enough gains or carbs for me, we had some dessert. I'm still not sure if I had enough carbs, but take a look and decide for yourself.


We had pie, ice cream, and milk. And as I expected, you don't think that this is quite enough carbs. Alright, then. I can do you one better.


Whipped cream! Not only am I adding more carbs, but also some more fat, too! What could be more perfect?!

Unfortunately, the above photo was not representative of what only I would eat. I would only get half. But that's okay, because that's still a lot of carbs.


But was it enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment