Sunday, August 21, 2016

Let's Go Royals!!!

Today would be my last day of freedom as a child. I return to school tomorrow, and by the time this semester is over, I'll hopefully have a college degree and a job. With that, my parents and I would be spending this day at the Royals game. To hold me off until we got there, I had a chocolate covered pecan and a Brazil nut. 


Not just a regular old baseball game, today was KU day that the K. The first 4,000 fans got a complimentary KC Royals hat with the Jayhawk logo on the side. My dad decided to wear both this new hat and his old KU hat that he was already wearing in an attempt to emulate the deerstalker popularized by Sherlock Holmes.


It's not often that you see classic muscle cars driving around the warning track, but when you do, it's really cool!


We then headed up to our seats. On the way there, we made a slight detour for some food! I got a footlong Sheboygan brat (whatever that is) with onions.


I also got some funnel cake fries (whatever those are).


I was then a little disappointed to discover that there was a stand selling actual funnel cakes, but I didn't really mind all that much since the funnel cake fries were still good and a smaller serving.

It really was a beautiful day for baseball!


About halfway through the game, we made the long hike down to get some Dippin' Dots. We weren't going to make the same mistake as last time where we very nearly missed them all together. We were much more successful today!


Since Sidney wasn't at the game with me, I didn't get another ball, but it was still very fun! The Royals won 2-1 to make it 8 wins in a row!

After the game, we headed to Leo's for the best pizza ever. Seriously, ever. Only my opinion, of course, but really, ever. We ordered a large (16") deluxe...


...and a medium (14") cheese and bacon.


Since the cheese is what really makes this pizza so incredibly good, I wanted to keep it pretty simple. But of course everything is better with bacon, so I added that.


I ended up eating most of this pizza by myself along with several pieces from the deluxe as well. Given the sizes of these pizzas, how much I ate, and how full I felt (not uncomfortably so), I determined that I most likely could complete the 18" pizza challenge at Old Shawnee. Quinn, you in???

No comments:

Post a Comment