Monday, July 4, 2016

It looks like the 4th of July!!!

Happy Independence Day everyone! But really, how many people actually think about this aspect of the day? Yes, it's the most important aspect, but still. I'm betting people are more focused on friends, food, and fireworks. 

To get started on the right foot today, I mixed up my breakfast. No, like I literally mixed it up!


I had some more PB2, because PB2. But I was feeling more creative than usual, so I decided to throw some of it on top of a brotein bar.


I've come to the conclusion that no matter how good the peanut butter is, these brotein bars are just better by themselves. I'm not saying that this combination wasn't good, but I'd rather taste each item individually. That being said, even with the mountain of PB2 I placed atop my brotein bar, I still had some left over.


Sidney and I then helped her parents do some yard work. Her aunt stopped by with a lunch time pick-me-up, and who could say no to this:



Sidney and I split this thing.


And, of course, you just can't get through the 4th of July without grilling burgers! Sidney's mom whipped up some wonderful burgers, and I so willingly grilled them.


They were just about perfectly cooked.


Complimenting my burger nicely were sides of coleslaw and potato salad, again, because 4th of July. I also had a small amount of some salad.


For the actual burger, though, I like to keep it simple. You know that. I just want to taste the meat and cheese. I don't need a salad on my burger. I do occasionally put some onions on there, either cooked or raw, and this was one of those raw onion occasions.


We used some Velveeta-esque cheese in all its American processed glory. And, luckily for me, after everyone had finished their burgers, there was still some cheese that had already been sliced left over. This cheese doesn't really save easily due to its consistency, and I couldn't let it go to waste. So, naturally...


...I ate it. This isn't really shocking, though, since as a kid I could be found eating cubed Velveeta for a snack. And though this isn't authentic Velveeta, it's close enough. I mean, it still tasted good!

Happy 4th, everyone! And thank you to all of the service men and women who continue to make this day of food and pyromaniacally-questionable decisions possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment