Friday, July 8, 2016

Accidental Cheat Day

Another day, another Roger Federer match at 0700. Again, I grabbed a brotein bar and headed out the door.


I'll keep it short. Today did not go at all as well as Wednesday. I had a brotein bar to cheer me up.


I then went to Target to get some anti-smell bad stuff, and while I was there I got suckered into buying something I don't need. More on that in a second.

When I got back, I warmed up another one of those chicken breasts from last night.


As an aside, I'm really glad and truly thankful that Sidney's dad ate the other one. I wasn't sure if I could even eat it. The texture was horrible, it tasted more plain than the middle of Kansas, and it was hard to eat with all the bones in there. I was just done. To help me get through this one, though, I enlisted the help of an old classic with a new twist.


Yes, while I was at Target I decided to take a look at all the ketchups just to see what they had. Admittedly, they had a decent variety of vanity ketchup flavors, like sriracha, Tabasco, jalapeño, and this onion and bacon flavor. Obviously, I found this one to be the most interesting and enticing, so I got it.

I squeezed a healthy three servings of it into a small bowl for dipping. I excitedly dunked a small piece of chicken into it, getting just enough to moderately coat the bottom third or so. Uh oh. It didn't really taste a whole lot like onions or bacon. It had a weird taste, but I decided to power through. I was disappointed because I had had really high hopes not only that the ketchup would taste good but that it would make the chicken taste better, too. Well, I think I can officially say that neither of those hopes were realized. Oh well, like I said, I decided to power through. That lasted all of about three more bites. It got to a point where I couldn't eat it any more. It just didn't taste good. I replaced the remaining amount of this ketchup with some regular ketchup. I think this ketchup was a little old, though, because it was almost gone and it tasted a little funny as well. But it was better, and I finished it along with my chicken.

Later, my food dilemma would be erased out of the necessity to cook delicious food for guests that would be visiting. Up first was some easy macaroni and cheese.


Then we set some chips out while we were waiting. Why we did this I have no idea.


For some reason, I completely lost control. I was not myself. I could not stop eating these chips. So meanwhile, while I was stuffing my face with these carbs and with the mac and cheese carbs in the oven, Sidney's mom prepared some more carbs. Here's a bowl of the remnants.


She was scooping out the centers of two massively gigantic French loaves, the remnants of which made a wonderful carbwich when combined with the chips.


The texture was just right! The softness of the bread really complemented the crisp crunchiness of the chips. I'm being serious right now.

About an hour and half later (!), the macaroni and cheese was done, and it looked gooOOOoood.


Pretty soon, the stuffed bread was done, too. Why I took this picture with the foil still covering the stuffed bread I have no idea. You'll just have to trust me that it's under there.


I had a salad to start of with because tradition. In all honesty, though, it tasted really good, so it was worth it.


Alright, here's my carbocalypse plate. I got some more chips, because chips. I also got a decent portion of mac and cheese. And I got two "slices" of stuffed bread.


What was the bread stuffed with, exactly? Great question! It was ground beef mixed with some chopped up sausage, some chopped onions, some of that Velveeta-esque cheese, and maybe some other stuff that I'm forgetting. But those are the important things. It was essentially cheesy meat, which is always good.

For dessert, a couple of skillet cookies were made. They were essentially an extra large version of the Chocolate Chip Walnut Oatmeal cookies that Sidney makes.



I started off with a slice...


...and some ice cream.


Then, for some ridiculous reason, I decided that I wanted a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips.


To be fair, these chocolate chips are amazing. These are still those ones that have such a glorious aroma upon opening the bag, and when you eat them like this they taste better than most chocolate bars you'll ever eat. I'm a bit of a chocoholic, a real chocolate aficionado, if you will. I cut my teeth on classic Hershey's chocolate bars, but I've grown so much since then. I've gone from sickeningly sweet milk chocolate to a robust mildly dark chocolate. I ventured into the chocolate truffle, which is still one of my favorites. I worked my way up the dark chocolate scale all the way to 90% cocoa, where I stayed for quite a while. I even ate a bar of 100% baking chocolate. I know my chocolate, alright. I'm saving up for my first bar of Amadei Porcelana, the world's most expensive chocolate. It's a 70% cacao chocolate bar made in Italy from the Criollo variety of cocoa plant. Apparently, it's like the best chocolate ever. And even though it's the world's most expensive chocolate, in reality it's only $22, although that is for a single bar. At any rate, I will eventually get my hands on one of these bars!!

After that unexpectedly long digression, I'll get back to my point. I know chocolate, and these chocolate chips are good. They're Nestlé, and I've deemed them the only ones worth buying.

I ended up eating some more of the skillet cookie and some more chips, and some more macaroni and cheese. Oh well, I accidentally cheated. It was an accident!

A little later, Sidney and I needed to make muffins and brownies for the Market. This week, we decided to try a different brownie recipe. This time, I got to use those amazing chocolate chips. I just melted a bunch of them with some butter, mixed in some sugar, eggs, flour, and some more chocolate chips, and BOOM!! I licked the spatula and the bowl afterward.


And that was pretty much it. I got huge on accident, but it was all worth it. I have no "regerts" at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment