Thursday, July 7, 2016

Benny and Arnie

Finally, a day that doesn't start with a brotein bar! I bet you were beginning to think that this day would never come! I know I sure was. But here it is. 

Sidney's mom had a friend from college visiting town, and today she would be taking her oldest son to his KU orientation. That means that Sidney's mom was tasked with entertaining two of her friend's younger sons. We started the day with breakfast at The Roost. They have the best hot chocolate ever, so of course I ordered it. It cake out almost immediately.


It came out almost immediately, so I had to pace myself. For breakfast, and for comparison purposes, I ordered the Eggs Benedict.


They came with some breakfast potatoes. The Eggs Benedict was really very good, but it's hard to compare them to homemade. The two different preparations are definitely different, but I don't think I can say one was better than the other.

About half way through breakfast, the title of human garbage disposal was thrust upon me when one and a half sausage links were dumped on my plate.


Of course, I can't complain because I very much enjoyed this bonus addition to my already good breakfast.

Sidney ordered the French Toast, which she claims is pretty good. The thing you need to know is that Sidney is a French Toast snob, so when she says that French Toast is good, it's most likely good.


After she had generously buttered and syruped the toast, I shamelessly begged for a bite. Showing mercy, she obliged.


It was a small bite, but it was a good bite. I didn't want to OD too much on carbs this morning.

When we got back, I had a cherry, because why not.


Later, after we had started baking cookies, I had a small handful of chocolate chips.


I've officially declared Nestle semisweet chocolate chips to be the best. They just smell so good when you open the bag, and when you eat them plain they taste better than most chocolate bars.

And, following tradition, there was another Frankencookie. This time, though, it had to be shared between more than just Sidney and I, so I only got a small slice.


Later, after all the baking was done, I cooked up some bone-in chicken breasts.


They took forever to cook, and when they were done, I'll be honest, they weren't that great.


Sidney so graciously gave me a couple more bites of her French Toast.


And I had a brotein bar, mainly just to mask the taste of the chicken.


I suppose it's pretty bad when your brotein bar tastes a whole lot better than your actual food, but hey. Not every day can be like the buffet at Aladdin Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment