Sunday, July 3, 2016

Broteinaceous Day!

Guess what I had for breakfast. NO!!! You're wrong! Wait, you guessed brotein bar?? Oh, I guess you're right then. How did you know?!


Guess what I had for lunch. HA!!! You're wrong!! Wait, you guessed brotein bar again? STILL WRONG!!! I threw a changeup today, and I fooled you! Instead of my brotein bar, I opted for something a little different. And no, it wasn't my peanut powder, either! Alright, it was something very similar to that peanut powder...


PB2 is essentially peanut powder, but it's not entirely fat free like the other one, and it's got some sugar and salt added in, also unlike the other one. But the calories to brotein ratio is nearly identical, and it tastes sooo much better. This stuff actually tastes like peanut butter and not just like really dry peanuts. I made 4 servings of it, which only comes out to 180 calories, but with 20 grams of brotein it's better than my brotein bars!


Sidney and I then headed outside to do some weeding. Despite the fact that neither one of us could effectively differentiate weeds from non-weeds, we still managed to get a little dirty.


Later, people were wondering what the heck was going to be for dinner, so I volunteered my services. I had some almost free chicken thighs and sausages, so I fired up ol' reliable and started cooking.


I also mentioned that there was some fresh sweet corn, which I planned to nuke in the microwave and eat plain. But that didn't end up happening. This corn was earmarked for something better.


The sausages finished cooking well before the thighs, so I treated myself to a nice appetizer.


The sausage on the far right is apple flavored, and the other two are sweet Italian flavored. All together, these three sausages weighed in at 10.5 ounces of chicken, or about 315 calories and some brotein.

But there was still more to come. The thighs were now done cooking, and the corn had been mixed with some cream.


I started off with three chicken thighs, weighing in at about 14 ounces. Prior to cooking, I sprinkled them with some garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.


I also got some cream corn, and I have no idea how many calories were in this.


After everyone had eaten what they wanted, there was no more corn left and two thighs left. I didn't want to leave just two thighs left over, so I ate one and Sidney's dad ate one.

Then, Sidney had her last piece of her birthday carrot cake, and I took one last bite as well.


I savored this perfect last bite, with its perfect ratio of deliciously sweet and moist cake to wonderfully rich and smooth frosting. Mmmmmmmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment