Sunday, May 22, 2016

Bacon and Eggs (and Shakers)

Last night, my mom and I made plans to run around the block. This particular block is 2.4 miles in circumference. This morning I awoke at about 0530 for waste excretion purposes. I then fell back asleep until about 0700, at which point I decided to get up. At 0830, I got up. I had involuntarily fallen back asleep and was awoken by my mother asking me if I wanted to sleep or join her on the run. Of course, I wanted to join her. I hurriedly got up, got dressed, and went outside. It was a beautiful morning, but something was missing. I quickly realized that there was no way that I was going to run 2.4 miles on an empty stomach. I needed some brotein, stat! I searched, but it was an elusive little bugger. I settled for a spoonful of peanut butter. 


Every time I eat a spoonful of peanut butter, I ask myself why I don't do so more often. It just tastes so good. But I always seem to shy away from peanut flavors (in ice cream, for instance). Oh well, peanut butter was a good fuel for the run. 

After completing the run, we got down to breakfast matters. It was slated to be a breakfast heavy on the brotein, easy on the carbs. 


First, there was bacon.


Cooking bacon on an open fire is mysteriously satisfying.


Especially when it's right next to a lake!

And then, there were eggs.


It was shaping up to be a very happy breakfast.


And since I had eaten quite a bit throughout most of the week, this was all I ate all day until dinner at around 1800. But it was well worth the wait.

We went to Shakers, which is just a little ice cream stand and finger food shack in Mound City, MO. But they have some seriously good food. I got what I always get.


Boneless Buffalo wings (really just small tenders) with fries, Texas toast, and ranch. For some reason, this admittedly basic food just tastes so good, and I can't exactly describe why. It just does.

And for dessert, and since this place is an ice cream place after all, I got my usual Black Raspberry Sundae.


This is the perfect way to end a weekend at Big Lake. I get this same food every time I'm here. It really is just the perfect ending to a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment