Monday, May 23, 2016

Triple C

Chipotle, Cookies, and Chicken.

But the day started with a B, a double B: brotein bar.


I then headed to the gym to do some cycling.


But this ain't yo momma's cycling. This is high intensity interval training. HIIT is a combination of slow and fast intervals where you go all out for a little while then reduce intensity for a little while then repeat. Some BroScience behind this says that this will burn more fat than traditional steady state cardio and in less time, so I'm in! I did 10 intervals each of 30 seconds of sprinting and 30 seconds of slower pedaling.

After this, for some idiotic reason, I went back downstairs and decided to do legs. I ran 2.4 miles yesterday, pedaled my butt off today, and now I thought I'd do legs. Brilliant!

And actually it wasn't that bad. I started of with some back extensions. How is this legs, you ask? When doing back extensions, it's important that you focus on squeezing your glutes. Glutes = butt, and butt is near enough to legs that I'm counting it.

I then did some quad extensions, which were tough. Then I was persuaded by Scott to squat. I didn't want to, but he made me. I ended up doing too heavy of a squat and my right hip flexor started hurting again. So I did a couple reps with lighter weight.

Then he convinced me to do some RDLs. This was actually pretty fun, since I was able to one-up him with every set. And after this we were done.

Scott had a coupon for Chipotle, so that's where we went for a post-workout meal. My free burrito bowl consisted of double black beans, fajita vegetables, chicken, medium tomatillo green chile salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.



After this, I went back to Scott's place and sampled a Red Velvet Oreo with cream cheese in the middle.


It was pretty good, although it took awhile to taste the cream cheesiness.

Then I tried a s'mores Oreo. It was also pretty good.


Then I decided to show Scott how to make some real cookies. He's been struggling with store-bought cookies for a while, and since Sidney has taught me the art of cookie making, I thought I'd pass on my knowledge. After quite a few runs to local stores, we finally had everything we needed to get going. A short while later, we had these:



A total of 18 cookies later and we were done. I only had half of one cookie since these are fairly caloric. Scott, on the other hand...




After smashing two cookies, he decided he'd make an ice cream cookie sandwich with two more. I was pretty envious, so I plopped a dollop of ice cream on my half of a cookie.


I'll say that this cookie dough-flavored ice cream made the cookie better.

Final conclusion: Scott loved the cookies, but Sidney is still the Cookie Queen.

When I got back to Sidney's house, she explained to me that I hadn't cooked them thoroughly and that the insides were still too doughy. I don't know how to fix this, because the outsides were borderline crispy. The cookies overall were soft and chewy, though, so they were still good. Oh well, I just heated up 3 pieces of my grilled chicken leftovers from Friday night and reflected on how to perfect my cookie making.

No comments:

Post a Comment