Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Return to Chicken

But don't be fooled! My return to chicken was gloriously triumphant. I didn't eat it plain and dry like last week. Oh no, far from it.

For breakfast, I had some chicken salad made with shredded chicken breast, some mayo, a few hard boiled eggs, and a little celery. It was so good I almost cried.


Later for dinner, I had some more chicken. This time, it was 12 ounces of grilled chicken with peppers and onions. I added some Guy Fieri wing sauce and let my taste buds take me away.


I also had a "salad," and I use "salad" loosely to mean a bowl of spinach with some shredded Parmesan and some shredded cheddar.


After eating these two dishes, I realized I still needed about 1,000 calories. So I had another 10.85 ounces of chicken, this time with but wing sauce and honey mustard.


This was so good that I actually did cry. In fact, I balled my little eyes out. And I'm sorry, it was just so nice to eat chicken that actually tasted good for once!

I ended the day with an experiment. Having ever the scientifically inquisitive mind, I decided to perform a dessert experiment. First, some background. Mrs. E's has these chocolate chip cookies with chocolate stuff in the middle. Chips Ahoy makes these chocolate chip cookies with chocolate stuff in the middle. I decided to compare them.



The verdict: while the Chips Ahoy cookie was good, Mrs. E's wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment