Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Chicken Tuesday

It was a different kind of brotein day today. Instead of my usual brotein shake, I opted instead for a brotein bar for breakfast. I decided I'd stop by for a rest at the bottom of the Campanile, right at 0900, when all 53 of the carillon's copper and tin bells rang out in splendid harmony. Then came the ominous gongs that indicate the hour. It's such a glorious sound to behold in person. 


Later in the day, after getting out of class early, I promptly forgot to eat my lunch. Three hours later, when I finally realized my oversight due to my pervasive fatigue, I had my second brotein bar of the day.

(Cameo: Quinn)

A short time later, Scott informed me that there was a Ferrari in the Rec parking lot. Without missing a beat, I sprang out of my seat and rushed for the exit of the classroom I had been sitting in. I hurried to the parking lot and found this:


Now, I've always said that if I ever buy a Ferrari, it will be either Rosso Corsa (Race Red) or Rosso Scuderia (Team Red). I've also always preferred hard tops to convertibles for their design, especially in the 458, because the Spiders have no engine bay window. But I'll tell you what. This Grigio Silverstone 458 Spider really looked good parked among all these other plebeian cars. If the owner of this 458 is reading this... can I get a ride???

A little while later, the matter of food once again came up as it does so often, almost on a daily basis it seems, and today just happened to be Chicken Tuesday at The Burger Stand. Having eaten less than 400 calories prior to this, I'm not calling this a cheat day. But it sure tasted like one!


This thing had grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, bacon, mixed greens, avocado, and spicy honey mustard barbecue sauce. It was delicious, and I wanted to eat 10. Maybe someday...

It should be noted that, upon ordering, the guy behind the counter jokingly created a "Burger Stand Challenge" that consisted of eating two of these chicken sandwiches and a basket of fries followed by a milkshake all in one hour. I matter-of-factly stated that I'd do it right then if it would be free if I finished it all, to which he replied that he was just joking. I called his bluff, but seriously, I could easily do that challenge, and he could tell. He was scared.

But maybe someday I'll convince them to create such a challenge, in which I would happily be the first contestant aka winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment