Saturday, May 7, 2016

Ferraris and Food Trucks

Yes, it was a day filled with Fs. There was the Farmers' Market, then the Ferrari Club, then the Food Truck Festival with friends and family and fiancées.

But let's begin with the Market.

As usual, I had a breakfast burrito. This time, though, I omitted sausage. Why? I have no idea. Looking back, those extra couple calories wouldn't have made a bit of difference today.



There seemed to be an abundance of cheese in there! I'm definitely not complaining. 

Now here comes the salsa!


After this burrito, I headed to Overland Park to see if anything new would show up at this month's Ferrari Club meeting. Well...


When I was hoping for new, I wasn't expecting anything this new! But here it is, a Ferrari 488 Spider, in the flesh. It was worth it. 

Fast forward (oh look, more Fs) a few hours, and it was almost time for the Food Truck frenzy! 

First up, my dad got some crawfish mac and cheese. I had a bite, and it was good.


Then I got some loaded fries. Mine had nacho cheese sauce, shredded cheddar, sour cream, onions, and bacon. These were really good.


Next, I tried a savory crepe. It was like an enchilada of sorts. It was pretty good.


Next I tried some teriyaki chicken over some yakisoba noodles. This was really good, though extremely salty.


My dad got the chicken on a stick. It was essentially really salty teriyaki chicken, and it was really good.


I made a deal with myself that any time there are funnel cakes being offered, I must get one. And if there are "specialty" funnel cakes, I must get a "specialty" funnel cake. So I found this, a French Toast funnel cake. It was good.


Then, to end the Food Truck Festival, Sidney and I got little creme brulees. She opted for the classically original vanilla. I had a bite, and it was really good.


I decided to try something different, so I got the chocolate.



It was also good, but I think I liked the vanilla more.

On the way out, my dad spotted this Ford Club Wagon. It reminded him of a van his dad had had way back when.


When I got back to Sidney's house, there were lemon bars waiting for me courtesy of Callie.


Having already eaten so much, a little more sugar couldn't hurt.



This was a good way to end the day.

All in all, while the food truck experience is fun, I'm not sure it's entirely worth the lines and the prices given the portion sizes. But all in all, it was a good time, and the food, on average, was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment