Saturday, March 5, 2016

It's a Thai!

What's better, Indian food or Thai food? The answer, quite simply, is neither and both. With such fundamental differences existing between the two, it is only fair to declare this (non) competition a Thai (tie).

For one, Thai food (in the United States) seems more heavily rooted in coconut than does Indian-American cuisine. Without droning on about my personal opinions on coconuts and their derivative products, suffice it to say that, about 8 months ago and seemingly over night, I went from coconut connoisseur to gagging at the smell of coconut. This is unfortunate, because coconut is extremely beneficial to overall health. I have no idea what could have caused this switch to flip, but it did. That being said, many of the Thai dishes at this buffet that featured coconut I was able to eat and enjoy. In most cases, the other flavors in the dish complemented the coconut in such a way that it was actually delicious.

With that mini-droning over, let us begin.

My proficiency in Buffetology once again shined. On my first round, I sampled many of the offerings, in small portions, to determine my favorites. (In counter clockwise fashion starting at 3 o'clock) I started with BBQ chicken, BBQ pork, red curry flounder, sweet and sour flounder, yellow curry chicken, vegetable fried rice, a fried chicken drumette, and some pad thai (in the middle).


On my second round, I got bigger portions of BBQ pork and BBQ chicken. I also tried the highly recommended spring rolls and pork potstickers along with some fried curry rice with pork rinds.


Everything was very delicious, and it's unfortunate that I was able to eat more. Unexpectedly, I got quite full rather quickly. Not wanting a repeat of Korma Sutra, I didn't push it too hard. I did, however, attempt to eat some tapioca pudding.


I say attempted because I was, in fact, unable to eat more than a single bite of this dessert. There was nothing wrong with this pudding, and my inability to eat it was entirely personal. This pudding was served hot, and it was served in a coconut syrup. I'm sure this is a delicious treat for most people; however, in reference to my previous drone, I can no longer tolerate coconut. This pudding tasted to me like eating pure coconut oil, which I used to enjoy. But, sadly, this is no longer the case.

I was still able to finish the meal with something sweet.


But I hate wasting food. I was upset that I had gotten a fairly big portion of pudding and was then unable to eat practically any of it. Luckily, I had a human food disposal service with me. This new device, the 2016 Quick & Ultimate Ingester of Nutritious Nourishment, efficiently gets rid of any unwanted food in a way that is entirely non-wasteful.



I'm not ashamed to admit that this 145 pound dude easily ate more than three times the amount of food I ate. Alright, I'm incredibly ashamed. Do I even get hyooooge?!?!?!?!?!?!?

At any rate, we followed this face stuffing fest with a trip to our Midwest Ford dealer. This is what we found.


Here is the Q.U.I.N.N again, this time in an unnatural environment.


This Ferrari F430 (not a Scuderia, despite the wheels and stripes) is absolutely beautiful. It's got a Rosso Corsa exterior with a beige interior. It's really just perfect. It was previously owned by a member of the local chapter of the Ferrari Club. Needless to say, I've been around this car plenty, but it just looks incredible on this showroom floor.

We followed this little journey up with a trip to the 2016 KC Auto Show. Some highlights...









And, afterward, while we were walking back to the car, we saw this a Ford Lightning with Mickey Thompson drag radials and a bottle of Nitrous Express.




*I also had a brotein bar for breakfast and a Reece's Tree later in the evening.


Sidney disturbingly pointed out that this looks like a nose. I can now only see a nose. I can't even see a tree anymore. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment