Sunday, March 6, 2016

Operation Anti-Tiny

On the day immediately succeeding a buffet feast, one would reasonably expect to weigh a little more than on the previous day. This, however, is not the case for me today. I actually weigh a full pound less than yesterday. In fear of getting tiny, I promptly got to work in staving off such an occurrence.


I then had to go off to work. Wanting to be as efficient as possible with my time, I sneaked some food on my break.


It was carb heavy and, being fresh out of the oven, surprisingly tasty.

When my shift was over, I had some more anti-tiny provisions.


Another slice of pizza, some "homemade" chips, a pepper jack quesadilla chicken wrap with onions and lettuce, and some ranch to go around. An "all-natural" chocolate-frosted cupcake topped of this anti-tiny lunch.

But this simpleton cafeteria lunch would not be nearly enough to keep me from getting tiny. Alas, more food was in order. It just so happened that plans were made to patronize one of our favorite local Mediterranean restaurants. Alladin Cafe is just about the best in Mediterranean cuisine that is available in the Midwestern college town of Lawrence.

The meal started out with appetizers of pita and hummus and Raja dip, which is essentially deep fried pita with a wonderful cheese dip.


This is absolutely wonderful.

Next was the soup or salad. I chose soup, of course. It was a nice lentil soup.


When the main course arrived, it turned out to be Chicken Biryani. It was also quite good.


I supplemented my dinner with additional pita and hummus on an availability basis. In the end, I think I may have eaten enough food so that I don't get tiny. That is a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment