Monday, February 29, 2016

Lo and Behold

Today was not a weekend day. It was, in fact, the first weekday of the week. That means I returned to my more habitualistic dietary tendencies. I had a total of 5 granola bars today. Two for a quick breakfast, two for a quick lunch/quick pre-workout, and one for a quick post-workout recovery and gains deliverance vehicle.


I also had a protein shake after incredibly strenuous workout consisting of only 3 sets of 8 front squats. I had other obligations today that cut my gym time short, but that didn't stop me from eating like I spent an hour and a half at the gym.

When I got home, I unwrapped a doughnut that I'd been saving since yesterday morning. I forewent the doughnut yesterday morning in favor of that eclair cake I mentioned yesterday. But, now it was time to indulge in the wonderfulness that is the Bavarian Cream-filled, chocolate-iced, fried dough pastry known commonly as a Bismarck or Berliner.


Later, for dinner, I ate some delicious beef and broccoli with lo mein in a rather scarfing manner. I was still able to thoroughly enjoy my food, but there was (and never is) any left over. There's more food than first appears, but it still isn't enough to fill me up. It satisfies me, sure, but fill me up it does not. And that's probably a good thing.


On top of this, I ate two crab rangoons. I decided to forego my traditional workout day ice cream dessert in light of the fact that I, in fact, only complete one workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment