Thursday, March 3, 2016

Brats and Spuds

Thursdays are always rough. The extended hours and idleness really take a toll on my desires to get huge. I take my beloved bars with me, and they perform admirably. They really do get me through the day in decent fashion. But, when finally I do return home and am reminded of the presence of much larger quantities of food, I find it difficult to eat with any kind of restraint.  Luckily, I'm on a get big quest, so I can eat with reckless abandon without much thought.

So without much further ado, let's begin...

...with the bars.


These lasted me all day, until around 2030. That's roughly the time I returned home. At this point in time, I lost all control. I knew what was waiting for me. Last night, Sidney and I made some delicious potato salad. We made it the night before so all the flavors could coalesce and become all the more delicious. This was made to complement the formidable bratwurst. Cooked in beer per tradition, these brats were delicious. Suffice it to say that I ate quite a lot.


This may not initially present as a massive amount of food, but this was probably about 1.5 or 2 pounds of potato salad. I rather smashed it down to make it look like less food in response to the horrified looks from others in my proximity. But believe me, it was a lot.

But not enough.

I went back for a little more.


So after 6 brats and a mountain of potato salad, I needed to parasympathize for a while. Resting and digesting is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment