Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Szechuan Me Crazy

I was fully prepared to take on the day with an arsenal consisting of the perfect line up of bars.


It was  going so well, in fact, that I decided to supplement my two breakfast bars with a breakfast muffin. This day was looking extremely up!


And up it continued. After my muffin and two bars for breakfast, I had my two lunch bars. These non-brotein bars taste amazing; amazing, enough to almost make me forget or not care that they lack brotein entirely. It is this characteristic alone that had me looking forward to my granola bar snacks scheduled for later in the afternoon. I planned to eat two at 1500 and another at 1800, which would hold me over until dinner. But around 1430 or so, I was offered an amazing opportunity. Andrew (you may remember him from the Epic Buffet Battle) offered to use a guest pass to swipe me into one of the school cafeterias, and I wholeheartedly accepted. I accepted not because I was starving and not because I was sick of the various bars that I have survived on, but because eating at a cafeteria affords the possibility to eat as much as possible. This means that gains are virtually unlimited. But, a little variety never hurt either. 

I got a wrap with chicken, pepper jack, onions, lettuce, potato chips, and ranch. Then I had it pressed. I found some chicken breast, the cafeteria version of Szechuan chicken (which is really pretty good, although it actually is just salt with some flavorings), and some rangoons.


The wrap was actually quite tasty, and the pressing not only adds a nice flavor and texture but also serves to keep the wrap itself together.


After this first round, I went back for more chicken breast, more Szechuan chicken, and more rangoons. I supplemented this round with some ranch.


Having consumed my yearly allotment of sodium, and already retaining at least a hundred pounds of water, I decided I was done. As part of the meal plan, diners at this cafeteria can use meals to procure portable food products. These include cereal and the like, beverages, et cetera. It also happens to include chocolate brownie cookies. Two bags of brownies can be acquired for one meal, and two meals were able to used at a single time. This, as you math majors can confirm, equals four bags of cookies. With two cookies per bag, you can get 8 cookies per day. Andrew was nice enough to gift all four bags to me today. I decided to eat two cookies (one bag) for dessert. 


This would turn out to be the most substantial meal of my day. When I got back home, however, I found freshly made Zuppa Toscana. One simply does not not eat any Zuppa Toscana when Zuppa Toscana is available. 


The Italian sausage-y, potato-y, kale-y goodness was the perfect way to end the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment