Sunday, February 21, 2016

02.20.2016 was a BIG day!

This weekend, I experienced a change of pace, a departure from the brotein bar monopoly. And by departure, I mean I ate almost no protein all weekend. There was one exception, but that's later on. On Saturday (the day in question in this post), I began the day with an old favorite. A year ago, I would eat this particular breakfast item, although ironically never for breakfast, nearly every day. Back then, I only ate carbs after working out, and not at all on non-workout days. On those glorious workout day, one of my go to sources of carbs and massive gains was cereal. But not just any cereal. I found that Golden Grahams was the perfect combination of muscle-building sweetness and muscle-building other carbiness. I would eat, on average, two decently sized bowls of the stuff. And I hadn't tasted it since then. Until...

*"Also sprach Zarathustra" playing in background...












With these nostalgic carbs now securely inside my stomach and swiftly making their way toward my muscles, I decided for a little brotein chaser. This turned out to be an extreme outlier on the weekend, and as such can't be counted as official. But it consisted of a piece of chicken breast with special spices, and two grilled chicken thighs, again with special spices.


This was all I had to eat for the better part of the day since I knew I would be feasting rather heavily later on. And by "rather" heavily I mean "we're going to a new buffet and I must try everything and eat as much as physically possible" heavily. That being said, that is exactly what happened. It was an Asian food buffet consisting of Chinese and American fare on the main buffet, a limited selection of sushi (and sashimi upon request), and a Mongolian style grill. I slightly refine my selection to the main buffet consisting of precooked foods, but even then there was a fairly big selection. If I tried to name everything on my first plate, I highly doubt that...you know what, I'll give it a shot. 

There was some jalapeño chicken, some honey chicken, some black pepper chicken, some General Tso's chicken, some chicken skewers, a chicken wing (technically a drumette), a frog leg, a crab rangoon, a crispy fried shrimp, another sort of shrimp with the shell (and head) still on, some roast beef, some fried rice, and some lo mein. There! I think that's it!


It was all really good for the most part. I was naturally drawn to the various chicken recipes, as well as the lo mein and the crab rangoons. I got some more of each of those things as well as some cheesy crab meat casserole thingy.

At this point, I was getting a little satiated, but still far from full. Any decent buffet will feature an assortment of delicious desserts, so I went on The Hunt. Of the items that I discovered, what I deemed worthy of trying are as follows. There was some tapioca pudding, strawberry gelatin, mandarin slices, pitted loquats, peach slices, pineapple slices, various flavors of ice cream (I chose chocolate fudge), and those staple Chinese doughnuts.


I got three of the doughnut thingies as an homage to the gulab jamun challenge of yore. I stopped after these three, however.


All in all, I'm sure I ended up eating way more than was required to get huge, so I guess I'll just be getting even huger than I thought. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment