Friday, February 26, 2016

Broyo

Like I can't and won't refuse an offer of free food, I similarly will not refuse an offer of discounted frozen dairy products. This is especially true on lifting days. In my everlasting pursuit of post-workout carbs, sometimes I keep my course and other times I hit the jackpot. Today was one of those latter instances. I received a promotional text message from a local frozen yogurt place, and, luckily for me, it was a day that I would lifting! Thus, immediately after leaving the gym, I drove straight to this House of Gains and had me some brozen brogurt!!

The offer was $4 for as much frozen yogurt and as many toppings as one could fit in a cup. To really take advantage of this offer, I needed to fill that cup with as many gains as possible. 


It's a little difficult to ascertain, but in this cup were generous portions of brownie batter yogurt and cookies and cream yogurt mixed with, again, a generous amount of cookie dough pieces, all topped with mini donuts, a literal brownie, and some incredibly conspicuous sour gummy worms. Being frozen yogurt, there was very little fat involved in this concoction, so what you're looking at is almost entirely sugar. Perfect for a post-workout recovery snack.

When I got home, I found some strawberry cookies. Well, cookie, really. At any rate, I had two of these cookies or 1/5 of this cookie, depending on how you look at it. 

Next, I found some brotein! After all of the day's sweets so far, I needed a change of pace, and this was the best way. Some tender and delicious pot roast with some potatoes and carrots really hit the spot, and allowed me to mercilessly stuff my face with the knowledge that all this brotein was going straight into my muscles. My muscles were growing faster than Mr. Potter's arm bones disappear during a misused Brackium Emendo charm.


For dessert round one, I found a scone. But an ordinary scone this was not. This scone was hand-crafted with love...and strawberries. Warmed up in the microwave, this scone delivered its carby goodness to my muscles at an even faster rate.


To wash down this strawberry-y goodness, I headed to the fridge and poured a glass of milk. Not wanting the milk to feel lonely, I supplemented it with a fresh blueberry muffin. With that, I've covered almost every kind of berry, which satisfied me immensely. I was done. I was happy and done eating for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment