Saturday, February 27, 2016

Say Cheese!

I'm really enjoying this whole weekend concept. I've got carbs for breakfast, carbs to drink, carbs for lunch, carbs to snack on, carbs for dinner, and carbs for dessert. Overall, I'd say I need more carbs in my diet, you think?

Blueberry muffins are perfect for and perfectly suitable for breakfast. Muffins are a brilliant justification to eat cupcakes for breakfast, but, in reality, they really are not equivalent to cupcakes in any way except shape. Muffins are not as sweet and are not cake. They are muffin. Muffin ≠ cake.



When I got to my parents' house, I was extremely pleasantly surprised, elated even, to find more melted chocolate ice cream!


Later on that night, in celebration of the Royals World Series Championship, my family and I visited a popular attraction in Kansas City. A billboard featuring Salvador Perez pouring a big cooler of water (by day) and blue sports drink (by night).


From there, Sidney and I headed to the Plaza to meet her family at one of the many Houses of Gains. This time, it was The Cheesecake Factory. Being a Saturday evening, there were hoards and hoards of people. The wait at the House of Gains was in excess of and hour and half. With that, Sidney and her family decided to hop on over next door and go clothes shopping. Not being about that life, and since it was such a beautiful evening, I decided to walk around and window shop. And by window shop, I mean look at cars. It was a relatively successful adventure.

As previously pointed out by Sidney's mother, I ventured down the street to gander at a brand new Ferrari California T parked curbside.



Not my favorite Ferrari, but a Ferrari nonetheless.

I wandered down the sidewalk, and there was a veritable cavalcade of mid-'50s and early-60's automobiles. A little further down and around the corner, I came across the newly-opened Tesla dealership. It's doors were wide open, so I walked on in. I sat in a Model S P90D. With a base price of $119,000, I ordered two and I was on my way.


After this little excursion, our table was nearly ready. I walked back to the House of Gains and soon enough, gains were on the table.

Obligatory bread. I had a couple pieces; nothing too extreme.


I order "a lot of ranch" with my dinner, which they always bring out way before the meal itself. I'm not one to sit with ranch in front of me and do nothing. Resisting my urge to straight up drink the ranch, the only food on the table was the bread. So yes, I was that guy. I was the guy sitting in the corner dipping his bread in ranch. It was delicious, and I have no regrets.


With much persevering and self-control, I was able to preserve a majority of my ranch for its originally intended purpose. Which was this...


Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese and lettuce on a brioche bun with sweet potato fries on the side. Please and thank you! This is what I've ordered the past 6 or so times that I've patronized this establishment, and I can't see myself deviating from this anytime in the future. It's just really that good.

But, being named after the dessert, one simply does not order cheesecake. This time around, Sidney and I shared a slice of Toasted Marshmallow Cheesecake. A cheesier rendition of the classic s'more, this chocolate based cake came with marshmallow fluff poured over the top and then torched, along with a square of graham cracker and ample shots of whipped cream.


This was delicious, and I ended up eating most of it. And as if this dessert wasn't enough, I was treated to a little after dinner mint. Parked in the valet of a rather expensive steakhouse was a Ferrari 458. Apologies for the picture quality, but it is more symbolic than anything.


Overall, this was a really good day. The combination of family, food, and cars is impossible to beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment