Sunday, February 21, 2016

One More Weekend Day

Building on yesterday, and not being able to resist more nostalgia for breakfast, I repeated yesterday and had a nice big bowl of Golden Grahams.


This was my sustenance for the better part of five hours. Having a job really interferes with my ability to get huge by eating every three hours. But, no matter! After getting a free hair removal demo, I supplemented my breakfast with some filler calories.


Who knew that free hair removal was available to all who can withstand holding their arm over a professional gas cooktop for extended periods of time? Say "goodbye" to traditional laser hair removal and "HELLO" to body hair removal by fire!

Having parted ways with my much beloved right arm hair, I consoled in a plate of cold curried chicken "salad" with noodles and some warm steamed carrots with basil.


This would hold me over until dinner. After watching Deadpool we headed over to Granite City. While everyone was perusing the menu, I never once peered within. Before we even walked through the door, my mind was made up. I always order the cajun pasta. With its sausage, chicken, penne, and other assorted ingredients, along with its perfectly creamy sauce, it is perfect for satisfying taste buds and muscle cells alike.


This picture does possibly the least justice ever to a food dish by a picture ever. There was way more in that bowl than it appears. Granted, it wasn't remotely substantial enough to begin to question the likelihood of me finishing all of it, but it was enough to leave me satisfied.

After our main courses, possible dessert options were debated ad nauseam. The eventual consensus landed on Sheridan's, so we made the cross parking lot excursion. Upon arriving, I saw a sign for "Red Velvet Oreo Smash" and that was all needed. I present, the Red Velvet Oreo Smash:



It was surprisingly tasty. I usually get a concrete with just cookie dough. But this gave that a real run for its money. I'm sure its a temporary addition to the menu, and the next time I happen to return it'll be gone. But maybe not. I hope not. I want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment