Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Carb Concerto

Today was an unusual day. None of the previous week's established dietary routines were followed. In fact, they were utterly abandoned. I effectively skipped breakfast to attend ESPN's College GameDay live broadcast from Allen Fieldhouse, because Jayhawk Basketball. While filling me up with pride and school spirit, this left me in a sustenance deficit. To alleviate any impending smallness, I went with my mother to an old Lawrence favorite.


Yes, a long-standing heavyweight in the submarine sandwich market, Yellow Sub offers a superior alternative to other options. Upon delivery of my sandwich, I was pleased to find that upon the foil wrapper the staff had taken the time to describe my physical appearance.


I must be doing something right! Alas, in all seriousness, I soon realized the error in my thinking. The flattering description of my physique scribbled upon the foil was in reality in reference to the buffalo chicken sub contained therein. My dejection, and with it my awareness of the world around me, soon melted into oblivious bliss as I unwrapped and began to eat the wonderfulness that is anything buffalo chicken related, the remainder of my senses being overpowered by taste alone.


Since this lunch occurred past midday, I didn't have to wait long for dinner. This was especially true since later in the night I would be attending a concert. This meant that dinner would take place a littler earlier than normal. Gosh darn it.


I got a burrito filled with steak, rice, beans, and some other stuff. And of course it was covered with queso.


Also, importantly, this dinner was at a restaurant in downtown Lawrence. And, according to Bro Code, any dinner that takes place in downtown Lawrence must be followed with a trip to the best ice cream shop. Seriously, I've a LOT of ice cream, and the ice cream from Sylas and Maddie's is the best. IN. THE. WORLD.


This particular example is a SINGLE, which is 2 "small" scoops, one of Triple Fudge and one of Da Bomb (sweet cream base with cookie dough, chocolate flakes, and Oreos), in the most delicious homemade waffle cone ever. A malt ball serves as the plug in the bottom. By the way, in case you're wondering, a double is also two scoops, but the scoops are noticeably larger. In all honesty, I could live at this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment