Friday, January 29, 2016

Here, Have a Cookie

Ahhh, today. What a wonderful day. A truly fabulous day. Part of what made today so great is the fact that the temperature was in the mid-60s for most of the day. In January, also known as cold, grey, gloom, a sunny and warm day is much appreciated. Today, when I was walking to class in shorts, I actually wasn't cold! And yes, I wear shorts every day, regardless of the weather. And no, it's not because I feel the need to flaunt my bro strength. But that is an added benefit.

With the weather so nice today, it would be easy to assume that my food choices would also be on the upswing. Well, to start the day, that would be completely and utterly wrong. I had a brotein bar for breakfast, 2 for lunch/preworkout, and 2 scoops of protein post-workout. But, alas, it would only get better.

Since I went to the gym today, I am allowed an infinite amount of carbs today, never mind the fact that I pretty much only did shoulders and a little bit of core. But that doesn't matter. Just the fact that I stepped into the gym means that I can stuff my face with as many carb-heavy foods that I can find.

So, that is exactly what I did. Quite literally, actually.

My fiancĂ©e and I made Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken (guess who was responsible for the chicken). We also had some garlic bread, that I unfortunately torched, but which was able to be salvaged by some liberal scraping. All these carbs were complemented by a nice salad of spinach with red and yellow bell peppers, shredded cheddar and Parmesan, ranch dressing, and some more carbs in the form of jumbo croutons. All said and done, it was satisfying.


But not too satisfying. I had just enough room for some sweet carbs after the dinner carb onslaught.


Just kidding. I had plenty of room left for more carbs! As if that's even a question. What you'll soon be looking at is a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. A big chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. In fact a cast iron skillet-sized chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. And I know where you think this is going, but no, unfortunately I did not eat the entire thing. It was divided into 8 slices.


I did, however, eat it with a little a la mode treatment. I opted for chocolate ice cream (an obvious choice) instead of the more traditional vanilla, because chocolate.


And, to make all the bros of the world happy, I had a second slice. It just felt right. I couldn't not do it. So, I ended up with a quarter of a cast iron skillet-sized chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.


I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment