Sunday, January 24, 2016

Eggs-tacular!

Eggs are wonderful. Especially farm fresh eggs. They're egg-stra wonderful. Ok, I'm done with all the cheesy egg jokes. That's no yolk(!). But really. In all seriousness, when brotein is scarce, eggs are a bro life saver. For example, let's say you have a carb heavy breakfast. What's a bro to do? More carbs would just make matters much worse, so any source of carb-free brotein is worth it's weight in, well, brotein! Take today as a defining example. I may have had a slightly car heavy breakfast. And by slightly carb heavy, I mean I ate 4 cinnamon rolls. Yeah, I know.


And yes, I can count. I know there're only two in this picture. But don't worry, I had two more after this.

With all those carbs in my system, I didn't eat for the rest of the day. This way, as my body used energy throughout the day, it would use my these carbs and then glycogen stores, instead of additional energy from any other foods I may have eaten. That's some BroScience 101 for you right there. That being said, however, I fasted until fairly late at night. And then, oh then, I feasted. I had 4 eggs, over easy, 3 moderately sized slices of smoked ham, and some potato cakes. It was glorious. It was oh so glorious. This is where the eggs come in as the savior of my day. I don't know what I'd do without them, but luckily I do not have to worry about it. At least not yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment