Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bro, it's time to GET HUGE!

First, the extreme repeats. Two dark chocolate squares for breakfast, two brotein granola bars for lunch/pre-workout. Check that, I had a third dark chocolate square at lunch time today, as it was the last one in the package. As mentioned, I played guest to the Bro Room today. I picked some stuff up and put it back down. Do I even lift? The answer is uncertain, although I occasionally enjoy acting as though I do. 

After my workout, I had two scoops of pure brotein. Chocolate brotein really is the safest bet when sifting through the now innumerable different flavors. I've also tried vanillas, chocolate mints, lemon meringues, strawberries, cookies and creams, chocolate peanut butter cups, and cinnamon buns, among others, and I always revert to chocolate. Maybe it's because chocolate-flavored brotein shakes afford the opportunity for natural flavors (i.e. cocoa powder) to be used instead of solely relying on artificial flavors and sweeteners to mask the true taste of pure whey. 

But I digress.

Let me un-digress. Having been to the gym, we all know that I not only needed some brotein, but I also needed gains in the form of carbs. Luckily, I found the best of both worlds tonight. Goulash is one of those superfoods I keep hearing about. Or at least I think it is. I could be misunderstanding the meaning of the term "superfood" but, to me, it's got everything I could want in a post-workout meal. I mean, it's got brotein. Check. It's got carbs. Check. What more could I want?? 

That being said, I held back in absolutely no way at all. I had two sizable bowls of the stuff.


For the first go around, I added a little shredded Parmesan cheese, mostly for garnish. Who am I kidding, I added it for the slight boost in brotein, and also for the fats. Also, cheese is just simply delicious. 


Remember that "cheese is just simply delicious" assertion? The encore featured some more Parmesan, this time in block form, with some shredded mozzarella thrown in as well. Again, because delicious. 

I wanted some dessert, but I wanted to wait a little while while my stomach processed the gains just consumed. I needed a snack, obviously, to hold me over until it was time for dessert. I turned to an all-time great. It's the bread and butter of snack foods.

 
Quite literally, it was bread and butter. But now it was time for dessert. And on days during which much hoisting was done, that can only mean one thing. ICE CREAM. There were several options to choose from, so I did what most bros would do. I didn't choose.


All things considered, this was one of the most successful bro days yet. Moving forward, I hope to build on this and push myself to the very limit of brohood. We'll see how long I last.

No comments:

Post a Comment