Sunday, January 31, 2016

Oh, Crêpe!

Usually when an extreme excess of carbs is consumed, especially on days when absolutely no lifting was done, like yesterday, the next day brings with it a feeling of bloating and an all around personal feeling of obeseness. This surprisingly wasn't the case this morning. I felt unnervingly light, and I looked, to my eyes, to be relatively lean in the Mirror Test. So, what did I do? I went straight to the kitchen and ate more carbs!  


These are homemade crêpes, the two right most filled with melted chocolate chips and the left most filled with a lemon curd filling. All three are slathered with butter, because butter. Below is an example of a chocolate-filled crêpe.


After these three crêpes, I had another one and a half chocolate filled ones, you know, to really round out the morning of the carb.

And thus so highly fueled by this extreme overabundance of carbs, I had blisteringly high energy all day. I even had enough energy to read an assigned book without falling asleep. That is really saying something! On a related side note, an accomplishment of mine that I am quite proud of is that I, among the bros, am able to read anything that isn't a nutrition or supplement label. That is rather astounding.

Anyway, again with all the energy from the aforementioned carbreakfast, I didn't eat until dinner. This is a common pattern in the bro diet. Eat much carbs for breakfast, don't eat until dinner. It's a theory in bro-dieting that allows bros to eat many carbs without gaining body fat but that also prevents the atrophy of hard-earned muscle. But once dinner arrived, it came in the form of ham and beans, complimented by corn bread made with yellow cake mix. Yes, corn bread made with cake mix. But that didn't stop me from smearing butter all over it, again, because butter. I had two bowls of ham and beans and three pieces of corn bread cake.


And of course there was dessert! There is always dessert. Dessert is the secret ingredient to getting huge. I just completely made that up, but that is what I'll tell myself to justify eating sugar. Deal with it.

This go round, bread pudding with a bourbon sauce filled the dessert slot.


No comments:

Post a Comment