Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Do we have enough rice??

Today was another day of adventure and exploration, but instead of fiber bars, I would be delving into a new flavor of brotein bar. Without the fiber, I had really high hopes for this one. It was the same brand, but it was Chocolate Salted Caramel flavor!


Just take a look at the beauty of this bar:


One of my favorite parts about my regular bar, the Chocolate Peanut Caramel, is the "caramel" top layer. I was really hoping this had one of those, too. It did!!


I can safely say that this is the best brotein bar I've ever had, taste wise. And with 19 grams of brotein and only 200 calories, it really is the best brotein bar ever in every way. Unfortunately, they only sell these by the bar instead of in 12 packs, so they are not nearly as economical as the Chocolate Peanut Caramel bars, so I'll stick with those for now. And it's not like those are bad or anything.

With that groundbreaking discovery out of the way, I finished up my day of school and then headed home. We decided to make some fried rice. We had never made it before, so let's see how it went.

We started off with some veggies...


...and then added some chicken and a little bit of rice.


After the addition of some soy sauce, it began to look like fried rice.


And I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but this is a pretty big pan, and it's almost overflowing with rice. What an awesome sight!

I got a plate and got a little bit of chicken fried rice.


And then I got some more!


This fried rice was excellent. I'm sure we could adjust our technique a little to improve the texture, but it tasted so good.

And since having just fried rice for dinner still isn't enough rice, we made some rice pudding for dessert.


The addition of the raisins serves not only to increase the aesthetic qualities of the rice pudding, but also to add textural interest and more depth of flavor.


This was also excellent. With our rice-based dinner and rice-based dessert, I concluded that I could live on a diet of predominantly rice. CARBS for YEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment