Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Seriously, all carbs...

Remember how many carbs I ate yesterday? No? Well, it doesn't matter, because check this out. For breakfast, I threw caution to the wind. I left my brotein bars in the cupboard and instead reached for...straight sugar!


I had a couple lemon heads.


I then had another half of a cookie.


I then went to school and came back. Fascinating.

I decided that I needed to make up for yesterday's mac and cheese burrito. To do so, I would make two new burritos. The first one was more similar to a classic dinner burrito, but it lacked eggs. I just got some chorizo and a mountain of cheese.


For the second burrito, and here's where it gets interesting/weird, I got some leftover butter chicken and mixed it with some quinoa. Wait, what?


In the face of my own skepticism, I wrapped them up and added some more carbs as a security blanket.


I also got a quick salad because I don't know why.


First, let's try the butter chicken/quinoa burrito.


It was interesting to say the least. Actually, with the added quinoa, the flavors were kind of tamped down a little, so it kind of tasted like eating bread with some more bread inside with the occasional aromatic spice shining through.

The other burrito, which was literally just meat and cheese, was obviously good. I mean, that's how I like my burgers, too. And this was no different. The classic dinner burrito is still the winner, though. There's just something about that meat, egg, and cheese mixture that is just so good.

For dessert today, instead of the usual pie and ice cream or cookies, we decided to throw it back to my childhood aka the time when I ate everything aka now. One thing I haven't had in a very long time, maybe like 8-10 years or so, is a Hostess CupCake. I pretty much grew up on these things, and I was about to relive that part of my childhood.


Sidney and I split a two pack, because I didn't want to get too carried away (and we didn't have any more).


Look at that. So classic!


Just like I remember!


It's crazy that after so long going without something that the first bite can instantly remind me of all the things that I remember from that time. The taste, texture, everything was exactly as I remembered, and it felt as though I had just had one the day before. Ahh, the powers of taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment