Sunday, September 18, 2016

I'm Too Young for Wrinkles!

I awoke to something good today! The smells were wafting up the stairs, and when I finally reached their origin, I was not disappointed!


Oh yes, a wonderful cinnamon roll. This is the proper way to start the day. I had to go to work, however, and I didn't want to crash 30 minutes into my shift. To attempt to avoid this, I fed my brain some wholesome brotein!


Luckily, I was delightfully surprised when I got to work to find a Maserati Gran Turismo in the parking lot. This brightened up my day.


However, after washing pots and pans for what seemed like forever, I felt like I had aged exponentially.


Luckily, though, these were only temporary wrinkles. I celebrated their departure with a wonderful cookie.


Sidney and I then loaded up into the car and headed east to Worlds of Fun. I'm not sure where they keep all this fun, but it would be nice if they could share it with the other, less fun worlds.


Today also happened to be National Cheeseburger Day, and we couldn't let a holiday that important pass us by without celebrating it! We headed to the famous Pigwich food truck in the industrial northeast of Kansas City.


They've got quite an interesting menu of unique creations.


Being National Cheeseburger Day, I got the double cheeseburger. I also got some of their homemade chips.


Incidentally, Sidney and I got there about 5 minutes before they closed. As such, they had a bunch of left over chips that they were just going to throw away, so they asked us if we wanted them. Umm, yes!!!


That was a most generous and delicious gesture. And speaking of delicious, take a look at this burger:


Now, I'm not entirely sure why it looks so pink. It could be the lighting, it could be something they added to the meat, or it could just be completely raw. Whatever the case may be, it was excellent. Also, I didn't get sick, so if it really was raw, it didn't really matter!

When we got home, we realized we still had some left over cookies. Well, we can't have that, now, can we??


And of course, when you have cookies, you have milk. It's a law of the universe, and it cannot be broken.


No comments:

Post a Comment