Monday, August 15, 2016

You Brat!

This morning was cool and cloudy, which means that it was perfect for an outdoor breakfast! I got up early to attempt a few time lapses, so I went ahead and had some cereal for breakfast. I had yet another combination, this time consisting of Chocolate Chex and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


What a sight to eat breakfast to! This is the life right here.


But soon enough, it was time to head home. We've got a pretty busy week ahead of us, as you will see in the coming days. On the way home, we stopped in St. Joe for ice cream from Cabana. I got a waffle twist cone.


When we got back to my parents' house, Sidney headed back home and my mom and I went and played some tennis. It started off well, but we both soon hit an energy wall. We both just sort of felt sluggish and slow. Not necessarily tired, we both just sort of felt out of energy. This was probably because we had had nothing but sugary carbs today up to this point. So when we got done, I grabbed a handful of pecans for a brotein boost.


We then started on dinner. We decided to heat up some precooked brats, but we also decided to make some more breakfast potatoes to go with the brats.



We also had a salad, and that was dinner!


These brats were actually very good! They were probably the best brats I've ever had. Being so, I went back for seconds. I got the remaining two brats along with the remaining salad.


And that was it for today's food. But just as we finished eating, my mom thought she heard the garage door opening. I thought it was merely the dishwasher, so we kind of just shrugged it off. Then about 20 seconds later, to my extremely happy surprise, Sidney walked in through the door. We had made plans for her to drive back out to my parents' house tomorrow, which I was fully expecting to be the case. But nope, she had other ideas. It was a wonderful surprise, and one that made me very happy.

But as far as food goes, I think I'll go light for most of the day tomorrow, because there will be big things in store for tomorrow's dinner. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment