Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My Second Birthday Dinner

Today I, again, knew that I would most likely be eating quite a bit of food for dinner, so I again went light for breakfast. My brotein bar sure pales in comparison to my beautiful gift from Sidney!


I then headed to Lawrence to meet my fellow Bro, Scott, at the gym. Before today, it had been over 2 months since I actually lifted any weights, so I eased back in slowly with 8 sets of 5 at 135 pounds on bench. I then eased back in to arms by doing 10 sets of curls and  3 sets of triceps extensions. I began to think that I might be overly sore tomorrow, so that's where I called it. I then had another brotein bar for recovery purposes.


I then went back and hung out at Scott's bro layer, where he very generously offered me a scoop of OG Metabolic Drive brotein. I gladly accepted.


Upon tasting the OG flavor of OG Metabolic Drive, I was instantly taken aback to OG Strength Club days. Good times, those days.

I then went to a work-related meeting, and then Scott and I headed to Johnny's to meet Sidney's family for my birthday dinner. Now, what you should know is that this really wasn't my birthday dinner at all. It was a going away party for Sidney's cousins, but I so selfishly invited Scott and turned it into my second birthday dinner. And before you judge me too harshly, I did get approval before embarking on this torrent of selfishness.

But anyway, on to the food. I've fallen into the trap of ordering the same thing at Johnny's every time I eat there. Well, today was no different! I always order the chicken strip basket Buffalo style with extra ranch. It comes with fries, too.


Now, there're two things you probably notice about the above picture. For one, there's a wild wing in there. That wing came from a Buffalo wing appetizer that everyone shared. For two, I'm sure you can tell that these strips aren't Buffalo style. We can't have that, now can we?!

I politely asked the server to make them Buffalo style, to which she promptly agreed. She even brought me out some extra sauce.


Also, what you may notice about this picture is that there is one strip missing. That's because I simply couldn't wait to eat and I had already eaten one strip plain before they were upgraded to Buffalo.

Almost everyone else ordered pizza, which is served in the way of 18" pizzas to share. Even though there were a lot of people, 4 pizzas proved too much for them to finish. They enlisted me to help them, and since I had lifted earlier in the day, I thought it couldn't hurt.


Sidney, Scott, and I then headed to Sylas and Maddy's for dessert, because why not?


Interestingly, they were out of several flavors, including my favorite "Da Bomb."


I didn't let that get me down, though, and I ordered Strawberry and Chocolate Thunder.



The Chocolate Thunder was the only remaining flavor that included cookie dough, so I had to get it. The strawberry also had big pieces of strawberries in it, although they were frozen and I can't figure out why.

For dessert, we then went to Hot Box Cookies.


Scott and I both got ice cream cookie sandwiches.


Mine was vanilla ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies. It was really good, although Sidney's (and finally mine!) are better. But it was worth it, and it was a proper dessert on the day after my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment