Thursday, August 11, 2016

Tea Party!

No, not that tea party. But more on that later. First, I had a brotein bar to jump start my day.


I then did a few hours of painting. Afterward, I attended my first formal tea party at Sidney's behest. We got all dressed up, and when I came downstairs, she led me into the dining room and this is what I found:


Let me just run through what was here. We had raspberries, grapes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a baguette with boursin, chevre, cheddar, and summer sausage, lemonade with frozen grapes, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, and, of course, tea.

Needless to say, it was a formal event.



Like I mentioned earlier, I've never had a real and official tea party before. I guess I imagined tea parties to be these make believe things you do with stuffed animals with imaginary food and imaginary tea. Well, this was so not that. The food was not imaginary and nor was the tea. And might I mention that there was actually food present. And not just regular blah food. Oh no, this food was way more. Honestly, I could forget the tea and just go for the food, but then it really wouldn't be a tea party would it? I suppose it would then be a food party, which I fully support the idea of, by the way. Maybe I'll do that. Maybe I'll be the pioneer of the new food party tradition...what am I talking about?? Okay, to get back on topic, this tea party was truly something wonderful. Between the bread and the cheese and cookies and company, everything was just right. I would gladly and very eagerly repeat this experience all over again any time. Actually, scrap my previous idea of food parties; that's already been done (ever heard of dinner?). Instead, I'll be the pioneer of Bro Tea Parties. I'll unite Bros everywhere to come together in the wonderful lost pleasure that is the tea party. There I go rambling on again. I just can't believe how much I enjoyed this tea party. All the thanks for this tea party go to Sidney, who organized and arranged everything. All I had to do was show up. I am already very much looking forward to our next tea party!

I then headed out to help pour some concrete. I'll make this short, but I'll say that it was a very...interesting...experience.

Sidney and I then prepared to meet my mom and some friends for dinner, and then we would be heading to my parents' house after. I looked in the fridge and realized that I still had something yummy left over.


This is the leftover frosting from my mom's birthday cake! So I had to have a little.


We then met my mom and friends at Jazz. Always a good place to eat, I started out with some of their bread and cajun butter.


I had another piece before my dinner arrived.

I got the half order of Chicken a la Mer. This translates literally as "one of the best thing's you'll ever eat."


It's fried chicken with crab and shrimp all covered in a creamy Parmesan sauce. How could this be anything short of delicious?? Answer: it couldn't. That's why I get it every time I eat at Jazz.

When we got to my parents' house, I had another cookie. But this time I did something to the cookie. I'm not sure if this is sacrilegious in the cookie world, especially with cookies this good, but I did it anyway because I was presented with the opportunity.


That's right. I put chocolate buttercream frosting on my chocolate chip cookie. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment