Monday, August 8, 2016

Surprise(s)!!!

Today, I did something that has needed to be done for a very long time. I cleaned out my car. I found all kinds of things in there, ranging from camera memory cards that I didn't know I was missing receipts dating back to early 2010 only months after I first got my car, to old snacks that still smelled good even though they were years passed their "best by" dates. Don't worry, I didn't eat them. 

Actually, I got so enthralled in cleaning out my car that I completely forgot to eat. Oh well. I don't need brotein or anything. Looks like I'm on the fast track to Smallville. Or am I???





BOOM!!!


That's right. I went there. I saved some lasagna. I saved it this long. I earned this dinner. By now, this lasagna was almost a week old, so it was just that much better, right? Pasta only gets better with age, so it must be true. Just look at that gloriousness:


Sidney and I split this rather large chunk of lasagna and paired it with some fried apples, garlic bread, and garlic naan with a salad.


Ignoring the fact that there are more than two items in this pairing, the salad was just some lettuce with croutons, ranch, and a little cheese.


Here is the wonderfulness in all its glory.


I broke down and slathered a little butter on my naan to give it a flavor and heart health-promoting boost.


Oh, and there was one more thing I wanted to mention. Oh, what was it? Let me think...




Oh, yeah. BOOM!!!






I also still had some cake left! I hoarded this slice for a week, and it was so well worth it. It was still just as good today as it was in days past. And paired with some vanilla ice cream, it was simply amazing.


It was so good that I felt the severely uncontrollable urge to scrape the plate that it had been sitting on. So I did.


Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment