Monday, July 11, 2016

Successful First Day!

Today, I tried to make up a little bit for yesterday. Last night was the first night that Sidney and I slept in our own place, and this morning was the first breakfast in our own place. I decided to make it a special one:



Just kidding, I grabbed a brotein bar and headed out the door. I didn't even eat my first breakfast in our own place in the actual house. Oh well, there shall be more breakfasts!

I went in to the computer lab, did work, then eventually had lunch.


I did more work, and eventually had a mid-afternoon snack.


When I got home, I helped Sidney make dinner.


I was in charge of the chicken and she handled the potatoes.


We also had a salad.


I went upstairs to get something, and when I came back down, she had thoughtfully set out some plates for me. They're cool plates, too.


So we had baked chicken thighs, breakfast-style potatoes, and a salad.


The salad was a prepackaged salad kit with creamy Caesar dressing, but it was fantastic. It was expertly seasoned with black pepper by Sidney.


The real winner of this dinner, though, was the potatoes. The chicken was good, owing in large part to the Italian dressing/marinade that it was covered with, but the potatoes were my favorite part.


Not bad for the first dinner as independent young adults living in our own place, huh?!?!


For dessert, I had a yogurt-covered pretzel.


I still don't understand how these things can be so tasty. They just are, and I'll leave it at that.

Meanwhile, I still had more chicken thighs to cook before they went bad, so we decided to attempt some oven fried chicken. We didn't eat any, but this is what it looked like:


Looks pretty good to me! I'll report back when I actually try some, which may be in a couple days since tomorrow is Sidney's mom's birthday!

For later dessert, I had one of the donuts that was remaining. But like I said, it only has 170 calories. I should be fine (HUGE).


We also had a watermelon that needed some knife lovin'.


Well, it got it! According to Sidney, our resident watermelon connoisseur, this was not a very good watermelon. It looked pretty, though!


But no, watermelons are Sidney's favorite fruit, so she knows a thing or two about what makes a watermelon a good watermelon. This one was just kind of flavorless and maybe even a little under ripe. But it wasn't too bad. It's still edible.

But cheers to a successful first day of living in our own place!

No comments:

Post a Comment