Thursday, July 14, 2016

Leftovers are the Dinner Heros

Amid fears of being melted and cooked, my brotein bar was in a rather tight spot this morning. 


It made it out unscathed, however. Unless, of course, you consider being eaten a form of being scathed, in which case, it was heavily scathed.

I also had a pecan and a chocolate covered almond.


Sidney and I then went shopping for everything. We got, among other things, baking supplies for the day of baking cookies we still had ahead of us. When we got back, it was past my lunch time, so I hurriedly mixed together some Chocolate PB2.


This really is such a good snack, and maybe someday I'll actually put it on something instead of just eating it plain.


Or nah. After Sidney and I finished baking cookies, I had my afternoon snack.


She had a little Whoopie Pie frosting left over. It was too much to use, but not enough to save. You know what that means.


We also had our customary Frankencookie.


This week it was mostly Devil's Chocolate with a little Whoopie Pie and Chocolate Chip thrown on top.

As usual, we split it down the middle.


This week, it was severely undercooked. It was so undercooked that it barely kept its shape when I tried to lift it to my mouth. It was so soft and gooey that it wasn't so much a cookie but more like a cookie-ish pudding. But it was soooooo good! If I were making cookies only for myself, I would be tempted to bake them for only 5 minutes or so, just enough to melt the dough. Everybody loves cookie dough, after all, so why not warm it up a little?!


A little later, when I was taking some stuff out to the car, I spotted another lounging kitteh.


This cat seemed to be in no way bothered to do much of anything, choosing instead to enjoy some nice weather in the middle of the driveway.


Even later, for dinner, Sidney and I warmed up the leftovers of the previous week, with the addition of some famous Ted Grinter sweet corn.


There was a salad, again with some croutons and ranch.


I had the two remaining oven fried chicken thighs and a marinated chicken thigh, some mashed potatoes, some breakfast style potatoes, and an ear of sweet corn.


It was a really good dinner. And for dessert, I had another one of my 170 calorie doughnuts.


I will finish these things yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment