Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July Birthdays Parts I and II (Can Burgers Stand?)

Today marked the first day that I actually ate breakfast in the house!


For lunch, I put some Chocolate PB2 in a container and took it to the computer lab with me.



It is really good, although I can't quite tell if it's better than the original PB2. I'll just call them different and be happy.

A little later, as I was walking by my former and future Home away from Home, I had another brotein bar.


I managed to separate a fair amount of the caramel from on top of the bar, which is the best part anyway. This was like 98% pure magic, even though it's sweetened with sugar alcohols. Luckily, they don't negatively effect me.


Later, in celebration of Sidney's mom's birthday, we went out to a nice dinner at The Burger Stand.


Looking at the menu, I wondered what I would order.


Just kidding, I knew what I would order before I even got inside the building. The answer: the Barnyard. If you can't see in the picture above, it's a fried chicken breast with sliced avocado, bacon, pepper jack cheese (I substituted this for Swiss), spicy honey mustard barbecue sauce, and assorted greens. This is what that looks like:


I added two of their special homemade sauces, one of which was jalapeño ranch and the other garlic aioli.


Most of the sauces went on top of the sandwich, but I had some leftover. What was I to do?? Sidney and her mom decided to split a basket of truffle fries, so I assisted them in cleaning them up.


We skipped dessert, which is significant because it was a Tuesday and we were on Mass. But, even though we didn't go to Sylas and Maddy's, we would not be left completely dessertless. Last night, Sidney and I had prepared some of our famous signature crème brûlées.




This was one of the best batches we've ever made, in my own humble opinion of course. But overall, the day turned out to be very satisfying.

I'll also mention today's other significant birthday, Shadow.






She was the best dog ever, and was a very important part of our family. She gave me companionship and friendship and comfort whenever I needed it. She was always the first one to greet me when I got home from middle school and high school. We took countless naps on the couch together. We chased each other in the backyard, we played fetch, and we went for car rides. She loved swimming at Big Lake. She was just an amazing dog, friend, family member, and sister. She would have been 15 years old  today.


No comments:

Post a Comment