Sunday, June 12, 2016

Missing Macro Alert: BROTEIN

This morning, I had musings of having some left overs for breakfast...


...but I couldn't bring myself to it. I've seen some great progress in the past week, so I really want to keep going strong.


Well, so much for that!! But it's not the end of the world, since this is one of those cookies I made a long time ago that only has 80 calories. By now it was all dried out and extremely crunchy, but a cookie is still a cookie. I much prefer soft and chewy cookies, but in all honesty, anything sugary and carby is alright with me!

Actually, anything just carby is alright with me!!!


Sidney's mom made some homemade biscuits, and when Sidney's mom makes homemade biscuits, you eat homemade biscuits.

We just needed something to go with them. So Sidney's mom made some chicken soupy stuff.


Like I said, turning down homemade biscuits is simply not an option. So, I had one.


With a bunch of that chicken soupy stuff on top.


It was really good, and tasting the biscuit made me want to eat all of them. It's funny, that's been the theme the past couple days. I've tasted something and then just wanted to eat everything. For instance, a couple days ago when we made Butter Chicken, after I had my serving I just wanted to go to an Indian buffet and eat all the food they had. And yesterday, after I had eaten my Kung Pao Firecracker chicken stuff, I just wanted to go to a Chinese buffet and eat all of their food. This isn't looking good, but it's been a while since I've had a cheat day (7 days, in fact), so one may be coming sometime soon.

But to hold me off for a little while longer, I snuck a piece of chicken from last night.


But I needed more! I was going over how many calories I had left for the day and what I could eat that wouldn't completely blow my dinner. What I came up with was very good.


I heated up some of the garlic naan that was intended as an accompaniment for the butter chicken of a couple days ago, and I got some hummus to go with it.


Every time I get hummus I always overestimate how much I need. It always looks like there is less there than there really is, but I'm not complaining. Over the past several months, I've developed a true love for hummus.

I also had a very thin slice of angel food cake, because I was told it wasn't very good. I had to see for myself.



It was a little dry, but the above statement of carby and sugary foods still applies.

Sidney then decided that she would relive a part of her childhood by making her version of strawberry shortcake.


Instead of angel food cake, she used a biscuit as the base. I sampled this creation, and I can confirm, the biscuit wins.

And finally, for dinner, I warmed up some left over chicken from last night.


This is actually one of my favorite recipes, and a good alternative for the honey Buffalo sauce I sometimes make. And again, I decided to fancy with my parsley and sesame seeds. Someone stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment