Saturday, June 11, 2016

Kung Pao!!!

It's morning, sooo....


And it's a Farmers' Market morning, sooo...


For a split second, I actually thought Sidney had gotten me two burritos. After all, she set them right in front of me and then walked away. But, she eventually came back and claimed one of the burritos as hers. Just as well, I still had mine.






A little while later during the market, we had a cookie we couldn't sell, so we ate it. Sidney handed me a piece that was about a quarter of a whole cookie.


Not wanting to eat this many carbs and calories, I took one bite.


Then I took another.


I was able to restrain myself further, but I estimate that I ate about an eighth of the cookie. That's not too bad.

When we got back home, Sidney's mom informed me of a chicken she had bought at Sam's Club. After having been assured that it wasn't a live chicken, I got it out of the fridge.


I carved off some of the breast, and it ended up being about 8.5 ounces.


I got some hummus out of the fridge and proceeded to dip my chicken into it. I don't know if you know this, but hummus is actually very good!

Later, for dinner, I had some chicken that needed cooking. I wanted to try something new, so I looked up some recipes. I found one for Kung Pao Chicken that sparked my interest. It turned out that we had all the ingredients, so I got started!

First, chopped the chicken into little cube-ish pieces. Then, I shook them in a bad full of cornstarch.


Then I dipped them in some whipped eggs. Then they went into a pan with hot oil in it.


They were only in the pan for a couple minutes, just enough for them to brown slightly.

Then into a pan they went.


Next, I mixed up the sauce. It called for hot sauce, but I decided to use Buffalo sauce instead. Into the Buffalo sauce went some (a lot of) brown sugar and a little vinegar.


Then I poured the sauce over the chicken and tossed to coat.


The chicken then went into the over for an hour. I mixed it around about half way through just to make sure the chicken was as evenly coated as possible.

What came out of the over looked and smelled really good.



I added some parsley and sesame seeds for garnish because I'm fancy (not really).


And, to get a little extra brotein, I had another brotein bar for dessert.


I also had a bite of Sidney's strawberries and whipped cream.


And I also had a very small piece of a leftover Devils Chocolate cookie.


Saturdays are always good food days it seems. And even though I didn't eat a lot, I enjoyed what I ate. That being said, I did have moments where I wanted to eat an entire buffet. But I powered through, encouraged by dreams of lean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment